Montana Academic Achievement Scholarship (MAA)
Awards Begin after November 15
The Montana Resident Entering Student Scholarship Program draws together many endowed scholarships and donations into a single scholarship pool known as the Montana Academic Achievement Scholarship (MAA). All new incoming University of Montana students pursuing their first bachelor's degree will automatically be considered for scholarships. The application for admission serves as the scholarship application.
MAA scholarships range from $1,000 to $3,000.
youth serve montana scholarship
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
The Governor’s Office of Community Service, Reach Higher Montana and Montana Campus Compact are pleased to announce the 2020 Youth Serve Montana Scholarship opportunity. Up to one hundred high school seniors will be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship for their volunteer service in their respective communities. Qualifying students will have completed 100 hours or more of volunteer service within the last 12 months. Applications will begin on October 15, 2019 and close on January 31, 2020. We are delighted to offer this scholarship opportunity to provide financial assistance for our Montana students who will be attending a Montana Campus Compact Institution next fall.
Application Link: Youth Serve Scholarship
gianforte trade scholarship
Application Deadline: January 31,2020
These scholarships are provided in partnership with the Gianforte Family Foundation and the Montana University System. Applicants must be currently enrolled either as a full-time or part-time student during the term applying for.
Must be a Montana Resident
Must complete a FAFSA and have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $10,000
Application: Gianforte Trade Scholarship
multiple dar scholarships
Application deadline: February 15
Each year the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) awards multiple scholarships to students showing dedication to the pursuit of higher education in diverse areas of study including history, economics, law, political science, medicine, nursing, occupational and physical therapy, elementary and secondary education, chemistry, math, science and English.
DAR’s scholarships are awarded and judged without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States.
- Applicants must attend or plan to attend an accredited college or university in the United States.
- All multi-year scholarships, typically renewable up to four years, must be for consecutive years of attendance.
- Awards are based on academic excellence, commitment to the field of study, and/or financial need, or other restrictions on specific scholarships.
- Awards are placed on deposit with the recipient’s college or university and any unused portion shall be returned to the DAR.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive one scholarship from the DAR.
For more information visit: Daughters of the American Revolution
George Grant Trout Unlimited Scholarship
Application Deadline: February 21, 2020
Award Amount: Up to $2,500
The George Grant Chapter of Trout Unlimited us making up to two $2,500 Scholarships available in 2020. A single student may receive a $2,500 scholarship or two students may receive a $1,250 scholarship each. Only seniors are eligible to apply. You must have at least one recommendation from a teacher. Students that have volunteered for environmental conversation projects will place higher.
Please see the office for scholarship applications.
donald e. pizzini memorial nurse scholarship
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
The Montana Health Care Association Scholarship Fund is now accepting applications for the Donald E. Pizzini Memorial Nurse Scholarships. Scholarships of up to $1000 will be awarded to individuals interested in pursuing a career in nursing or advancing in their nursing career with an emphasis in long term care. Scholarship applications are due the last day of February, and will be awarded in April for the upcoming academic year.
Application Link: Donald P. Pizzini Memorial Nurse Scholarship
montana tech's code montana scholarship
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
Twenty $4000 scholarships to study computer science and/or software engineering at Montana Tech will be awarded to students completing the first seven modules in the CodeHS online curriculum. Montana high school students can access the curriculum for free by joining the CodeMontana Program. High school students outside of Montana are eligible for the scholarship, but need to join CodeHS as an individual (use course code 2766C) if their high school is not using the CodeHS curriculum. If a student is taking an Advanced Placement(AP) Computer Science course in their high school and scores a 4 or 5 on the AP Computer Science exam, we will accept that as a substitute for completing the CodeMontana curriculum.
- Complete the first six modules of the python-based CS course (Welcome, Intro to Programming with Turtle Graphics, Basic Python and Console Interaction, Control Flow, Strings, and Data Structures). Note an AP Computer Science score of 4 or 5 will also qualify a student for the scholarship.
- Be admitted to Montana Tech as a first time freshman in computer science or software engineering.
- Have an ACT Math score of 24 or higher (SAT Math score of 590 or higher).
- The successful awardee will receive a $1000 scholarship each semester for the first four regular academic semesters as long as the recipient continues to make progress in the computer science or software engineering curriculum and maintains a B average.
- A total of twenty scholarships will be awarded, beginning on March 1, 2020 and will need to be accepted within 30 days. Scholarships will then be awarded on the first of the month (April 1st, May 1st, June 1st, and July 1st). Students should apply to Montana Tech at least 1 week prior to the award dates in order to be admitted and fully considered for the scholarship.
- If scholarships still remain, the final scholarships will be awarded August 1st.
To apply, click on link. You should enter the same email address you use to access the CodeMontana (CodeHS) online curriculum. If you applied to Montana Tech, with a different email address, please provide it in the last text box below. If you are currently enrolled in a CodeHS class, please provide the class number.
Clerk and Recorder Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 13, 2020
Applicant must be a graduating senior who will be attending a Montana School. This scholarship is a state wide scholarship, not just local.
Pleas see the office for an application.
Montana Federation of public employees scholarship
Application Deadline: March 15
The Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE) is awarding a scholarship to a student who has demonstrated academic achievement, financial need, community involvement and/or extracurricular activity. The student or parent/legal guardian must be an active member of MFPE.
Application Link: MFPE Application
omicron chapter teacher education scholarship
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
This scholarship must be awarded to a graduating senior woman in Anaconda-Deer Lodge, Powell or Granite counties.
Must attend a higher education school within the State of
Applicant must be seeking a degree in the education field.
Payment of this scholarship will be forwarded to the college or university of the recipient’s choice. Payment will be made only once.
Please see the office for an application.
odd fellows and rebekah's of montana scholarship
Application Deadline: March 15th
Award amount: $500
1. They will only consider students with a GPA of 3.o or LESS. Please include a transcript with cumulative GPS.
2. You must attend a College, University, Vo-Tech, Business, Nursing, Beauty School in Montana.
3. The $500 will be paid to the institution you attend.
4. Your application must include a synopsis of your future plans, a paragraph about your family, state your financial need and why you are applying, a photo of yourself, three letters of recommendation, a self addressed stamped envelope.
Please come to the office for an application and more information.
horatio alger association scholarship
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
This scholarship is for high school seniors who will be attending a unit of the Montana University System in the 2020-2021 school year. The scholarship has a value of up to $15,000 total, over the course of the student’s college career.
NOTE: The application period is short:
- Applications opens January 15, 2020 and
- Closes March 15, 2020
To be eligible to apply for a Horatio Alger State Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria*:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2019 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
If you are an applicant in Montana you must meet the following additional criteria:
- applicants must attend one of the institutions listed below:
The University of Montana or one of its affiliates, which include:
• Helena College
• Missoula College
• Montana Tech at Butte
• The University of Montana at Missoula
• The University of Montana Western at Dillon
Montana State University or one of its affiliates, which include:
• Great Falls College MSU
• Montana State University Billings
• Montana State University at Bozeman
• Montana State University Northern at Havre
Application Link: Horatio Alger Association
donald g. willems scholarship
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
Award Amount: $1000
MSAWWA and MWEA are equal partners in offering the Donald G. Willems Scholarship. One or two scholarships are offered annually to students whose course work leads to employment in the water and wastewater fields, which are highly diverse, including specialization in water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, water resources, watershed protection, groundwater remediation, and many other subdisciplines, including for example, the study of waterborne disease.
Each award includes a scholarship of $1000 to be used toward the cost of education, such as tuition, books, and supplies. Recipients also receive a one-year student membership to either AWWA or WEF (recipient’s choice), and also paid registration and lodging for the MSAWWA/MWEA Joint Conference. The conference includes a variety of presentations on the technical details of project work, research, and regulations, as well as numerous vendor displays of equipment and products for the water/wastewater industry. A conference banquet provides opportunity to socialize with professionals from around Montana and the other northwest states.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Montana college or university.
- The applicants major course work must be leading them toward employment in the fields of water and/or wastewater.
- Applicants may be enrolled in a program at any degree level (associate, bachelor’s or graduate).
- Applicants must have at least a 2.0 G.P.A., based on a 4.0 scale.
Applicants must submit the Donald G. Willems Scholarship Application Form (https://www.montanawater.org/awards-scholarships/scholarships-available/) along with supplementary information that is requested on the application. The completed application and supplementary information must be postmarked by March 15th. Instructions are provided for all entries on the application form. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
Conditions of Acceptance
- Applications will be ranked by the MSAWWA/MWEA Scholarship Committee. Candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision in April.
- The successful candidates must notify the Scholarship Committee within one week, indicating acceptance or rejection of the award.
- Recipients will be asked to submit either an AWWA or WEF membership form. Membership will be paid by MSAWWA/MWEA.
- Recipients will be invited to attend the annual conference. Registration, including meals and lodging, is paid by MSAWWA/MWEA. Transportation is paid by the student.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the recipient’s name to the school he/she is attending in August of the year awarded. The school will use the scholarship to balance the student’s account, and will distribute any remaining funds directly to the student.
Application Link: Donald G. Willems Scholarship
Olive rice reierson scholarship
Application Deadline: March 16, 2020
- Must be a resident of Powell County
- Must be worthy and deserving high school seniors or graduates of high schools within Powell County
- Applicants must exhibit pride in their personal appearance
- Must exhibit an earnest desire to pursue their education to the point that they will enter the world of employment as productive citizens, willing to lend a hand to others.
- Must plan to attend an accredited two or four year college, university, technical college, trade or vocational school located in the United States.
Additional Desired Qualification:
- Demonstrate Financial Need
- Demonstrate academic achievement.
You can apply at: Olive Rice Reierson
montana food distributors association scholarship
Application Deadline: March 16, 2020
We are searching for High School Seniors or College Freshman, sophomores or juniors who deserve a Montana Food Distributors Association (MFDA) Scholarship. Nominees should be associated with the Food Industry through either employment or family relationships within the Industry.
Please see the office for an application
rocky mountain chapter of credit union SCHOLARSHIP
Application Deadline: March 23, 2020
Applicants must be a senior and must be a member of one of the following credit unions to apply:
BUTTE COMMUNITY FCU, DEER LODGE COUNTY SCHOOL EMPLOYEES FCU, HIGH PEAKS FCU, HORIZON CU, MILE HIGH FCU, NORTHWESTERN ENERGY EMPLOYEES FCU, ROCKY MOUNTAIN CU, AND SOUTHWEST MONTANA CFCU.
Application Link: Rocky Mountain Credit Union Application
mcbride family scholarship
Application Deadline: March 31,2020
Award Amount: $4,000
The McBride Family Scholarship is available for up to four consecutive years, in the amount of $4,000 per year. The recipient must be a Montana public high school graduate, with preference given to Helena graduates, and must have a 2.5 or better GPA. The scholarship will be applied to the student’s tuition, fees, room/board and books at Montana State University Northern.
The student recommended for the McBride Family Scholarship will be selected based upon:
- Academic achievement
- Future goals
- Quality of application
Application Link: McBride Family Scholarship
montana farm bureau scholarship
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
Award Amount: $1500
The Montana Farm Bureau Federation will present two, $1,500.00 scholarships made available through special efforts of the MFB Women’s Leadership Committee. The scholarships are available to both boys and girls.
The winner will be selected on the following criteria:
1) Must be an incoming college freshman.
2) Scholarship must be used the year it is awarded.
3) Must be a current paid Montana Farm Bureau member, or an immediate member of a current paid Montana Farm Bureau family.
4) Applications will be scored on the following top priorities:
a. Scholastic achievement (high school GPA) b. Future Goals (college, career, activities, etc.)
c. Community Involvement d. School activities
Applicant must also provide:
TWO (2) LETTERS OF REFERENCE.
A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT OF CREDITS AND GPA.
Application Link: Montana Farm Bureau Federation Scholarship
rocky mountain stockgrowers scholarship
Application Deadline: April 1st
Please see the office for a hard copy of the application
Application Link: Rocky Mountain Stockgrowers Association
Montana 4-h Foundation Scholarships
Application Deadline: April 1
The Montana 4-H Foundation supports 4-H initiatives that focus on healthy living, citizenship, leadership, science, engineering and technology, to name a few. The mission of the Montana 4-H Foundation is to “help 4-H youth by raising private funds, managing financial resources and partnering with the MSU Extension Service to fund educational opportunities for Montana 4-H youth, volunteer leaders and staff.”
Scholarships and grants provide opportunities for youth and adults to strengthen their skills and maximize their positive impacts on the communities in which they live.
The Montana 4-H Foundation offers a number of collegiate scholarships to students . When filling out the application, you will select which scholarships you would like to apply for. All scholarships require certain criteria to be met, in order to be awarded. We ask that you only apply for only the scholarships you qualify for. Please review the scholarship eligibility and distribution of fund requirements by clicking on each scholarship name. Awarding of a scholarship is based on availability of funds.
The Montana 4-H scholarship winners will be recognized at Montana 4-H Congress on the MSU campus in July. As a condition of receiving the scholarship, each recipient or their appointee must agree to attend Montana 4-H Congress closing banquet to be recognized.
Scholarship List and Application Instructions: Montana 4-H Foundation
jim haviland scholarship
Application Deadline: April 6, 2020
Jim Haviland, a well-respected community member, believed that a man’s word was his bond. Consequently, under his leadership,
To be eligible for the Jim Haviland/
A fully completed application must include the following:
--the completed, signed and dated application
--a copy of your most recent certified PCHS transcript
--letters of recommendation for this Scholarship on your behalf from teachers, community leaders and others
--a one page (typed) essay detailing your view of the importance of community service as well as your personnel experience
Application Link: Jim Haviland Scholarship
deer lodge education association scholarship
Application Deadline: April 13th
The DLEA scholarship is given to graduating seniors and alumni of Powell County High School enrolled in a teacher education program. You will need to include your transcript and write a 500-600 word essay titled "What is the Future of Teaching?" Please see the office for an application.
Black Mountain Software Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 15
Black Mountain Software is offering scholarships to Montana students. All interested 2020 graduating Montana high school seniors who will be attending an accredited institution of higher education, regardless of their field of study, are eligible. These accredited institutions include trade schools, technical schools, colleges or universities.
Two Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1000.00 each. Scholarship payment will be made directly to the school that the applicant will be attending.
Application: Black Mountain Software Scholarship
deer lodge youth board service scholarship
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
This scholarship was created to raise the profile of youth service and to honor young leaders who are making a difference in our community through the Deer Lodge Youth Board. Youth Board Service is defined as "voluntary participation in planning, organizing, and executing events; attending board meetings; and representing the Deer Lodge Youth Board."
Up to two, $250 scholarships will be awarded to qualified, graduating high school students for their outstanding leadership and service to the Deer Lodge Youth Board.
montana sheriffs & peace officers association
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
For graduating high school seniors seeking a career in local law enforcement.
The Montana Sheriff’s and Peace Officer Association announces the availability of two $1500.00 scholarships to be awarded for the fall semester of 2020 to a graduating high school senior who is seeking a career in local law enforcement. Recipients will be selected on the basis of need and academic ability as well as career goals.
- High School graduate
- Must be able to meet basic peace officer eligibility requirements as established by Montana statute and the Montana Peace Officers Standards and Training Council
- Must have a high school grade point average of at least 2.5 and preferably plans to be enrolled as a full-time student in a Montana based college or university that offers a minimum AA degree in the Criminal Justice Field.
- High School students applying for fall scholarship must submit proof on enrollment intentions in a university or college.
- When applying for a scholarship, please include the following:
* Letter Requesting consideration as an applicant
*Current High School transcript
*Personal resume including references
*Outline of career goals
* Statement of how you are currently financing you college education
*Letter from high school or college advisor verifying your academic abilities and attesting to the fact you are enrolled in or have applied for a criminal justice degree program.
Please see office for application
Montana Contractors association scholarship
Application Deadline: April 17th
Award Amount: $1,500
Montana's future workforce is important to the MCA. For that reason, the MCA Associates' Division provides $1,500 scholarships to help the families of our members to pursue postsecondary education and attain their career goals.
To qualify for an MCA Presidential Scholarship (High School), applicants must:
* Have parents or guardians employed by MCA member companies.
* Be planning on attending:
- any accredited postsecondary school (in-state applicants)
- an accredited Montana postsecondary school (out-of-state applicants)
* Provide a completed application that demonstrates dedication to scholastic record and ability, involvement in extra-curricular activities, and desire to work hard to succeed.
Application Link:Montana Contractors Association
montana state elks association MUSIC scholarship
Application Deadline: April 17, 2020
Since 1868, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks has been dedicated to serve our communities by holding true to our Cardinal
Principle—Charity. One of our proud charitable contributions is in the form of academic scholarships. The Montana State Elks
Association (M.S.E.A.) is offering Music Scholarships to instrumentalists and vocalists.
The completed application must include:
1. Application Form, Parts I – IV.
2. CD Audition (Part V).
3. Counselor Report/Transcript (Part VI).
4. Letters of Recommendation (Part VII).
5. Applicant Essay (Part VIII).
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors who are a U.S. Citizen and intends to either major or
minor in music performance or education. In their essay, the applicant must inform us of his/her enrollment plans at a school of
Application Link: Elks Music Scholarship
Deer Lodge medical center auxiliary scholarship
Application Deadline: April 26, 2020
Award Amount: $1,000
Any Powell County High School senior, previous graduate or employees of the Deer Lodge Medical Center are eligible. Previous recipients of this grant may apply again.
Please pick up an application from the office. Applications will need to include transcripts, a brief essay regarding your financial need and the healthcare field in which you are interested in.
winnie lapp memorial scholarship
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
Order of the Eastern Star will award a scholarship to a graduating senior, a current college student, or a non-traditional student attending a college, university, technical, or trade school. The applicant need not be a member, nor related to a member, of the Easter Star.
You will need a signed application, a personal letter explaining your goals in education , and the use of the scholarship funds. Two letters of recommendation from other than family, and a copy of your transcripts. Your attached photo may be used for publication a a scholarship winner.
Please see the office for an application.
montana coroner's association scholarship
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
The Montana Coroners’ Association announces the availability of a $500.00 scholarship to
be awarded for the fall semester of the year 2020 to a graduating High School senior
majoring in a Criminal Justice or Health Science field. Recipients will be selected on the
basis of need and academic ability as well as career goals.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
1. A High School graduate or successful GED completion.
2. A High School grade point average of 2.5 or above.
3. Enrollment as a full time student in a Montana based college or university that offers a
minimum AA degree in Criminal Justice or Health Science field.
4. Submittal of proof of enrollment intentions in a college or university based
Criminal Justice or Health Science degree program.
When applying for a scholarship please include the following:
1. Letter requesting consideration as an applicant.
2. Current High School transcript.
3. Personal resume including references.
4. Outline of career goals.
5. Statement of current college education financing.
The scholarship award winner check for $500.00 will be issued in the applicant’s name and
forwarded to the college or university where enrolled. The deadline is April 30, 2020.
Send above listed application to:
Chairman of Scholarship Committee for MCA
Montana Coroners’ Association
P. O. Box 595
Lewistown, MT 59457
big sky state games character counts
Application Deadline: May 9, 2020
Award amount: $500
Over the past twelve years, the Big Sky State Games has awarded the Character Counts! Scholarship to outstanding Montana female and male student-citizen-athletes involved in the Big Sky State Games. The scholarship can be used for any secondary education after high school. This includes trade schools and community colleges.
Only high school juniors during the 2019-2020 school year are eligible for this scholarship. This is to ensure that fellow students can observe the scholarship winners during their senior year and to recognize the traits the students show.
Application Link: Character Counts - Big Sky State Games
helena engineers club
Application Deadline: September 1, 2020
Helena Engineers club plans to award 3 $1000 scholarships to high school seniors is they are enrolled in an engineering program at an accredited engineering college, such as Montana State University, Montana Tech, Carroll College or any other accredited engineering college.
Please see the office for an application
b. davis scholarship
Application Deadline: May 22, 2020
This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
- There is no age restriction
- Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next
- This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.
Please do not send transcripts or letters of recommendation at this time.
Application Link: B. Davis Scholarship
Montana Premier Scholarship Application
To be considered for MSU Premier Scholarships, which will be available to incoming Montana resident students, please complete this application. The application deadline is 2/1 for fall semester! Apply early. Funds are limited.
If you have questions, please call (406) 994-2452 or 1-888-MSU-CATS. Applicants must apply for admission (be sure to include self reported GPA and class rank if applicable) and have official ACT and/or SAT scores sent directly to MSU from the testing agency to be considered for scholarships. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Premier Scholarships may be used to cover tuition only.