Classroom Materials:Materials required for my math classes are pretty simple and straight forward:
- BE RESPECTFUL - You will have respect for everyone and everything starting with yourself
- BE ON TIME - Do NOT be late for class, it is a disruption to the teacher, as well as fellow classmates.
- BE PREPARED - Make sure you have everything you need for this class ready to go by the time I take attendance.
- BE RESPONSIBLE - Take time for your homework and do not be afraid to ask for help.
- Cell phone/ electronic device usage is NOT permitted within the classroom!
- loose leaf paper/ 3 ring binder
- Loose leaf paper in a 3 ring binder makes turning in assignments and keeping all papers and handouts in one location simple and easy than an already bound notebook.
- NO pen is allowed in class, and I will deduct points on any assignment done and turned in pen.
- Students MAY USE PEN if they wish to use them for note taking strategies.
- **CALCULUS ONLY** - In calculus, there are many different formulas that I strongly recommend students add to note cards and a ring, which they can hole punch and add to a ring. This makes study and homework much easier on them.
- Pre-Calculus students may also consider having note cards that they will be given the opportunity to use throughout the year. A ring for these note cards is not necessary.
- Calculator (OPTIONAL)
- This is NOT required of students. However, should students have the desire to bring their own calculator to class, I recommend a TI-83, TI-84, TI-84 Plus, TI-Nspire, or something similar to those listed. If you are unsure please feel free to email me and ask.
Last Modified on August 26, 2018